Skip to main content

Palette of Boldness


Palette of Boldness. Digital art created on canvas. November 26, 2024. Afrika Abney


For 19 years, I have celebrated Christmas. However, I have not been a huge fan of Christmas or any other holiday. Palette of Boldness is about the colors chosen that represent the boldness that I have taken through the experience of Christmas. 


“Christmas in Washington, D.C. is a festive celebration marked by vibrant decorations, holiday events, and a sense of community spirit. The city transforms with lights adorning the National Mall, and iconic landmarks host seasonal activities that attract both locals and visitors. From the National Christmas Tree to various holiday markets, the atmosphere is filled with joy and cheer, making it a memorable time to experience the nation's capital.”


Popular posts from this blog

Consultant Strategies

Ms. Afrika Abney, in her role as a consultant, effectively leverages social media channels to disseminate information about the various services she offers. By utilizing these platforms, she not only reaches a wider audience but also engages potential clients in a more interactive manner. Her approach includes posting visually appealing flyers that highlight upcoming events, ensuring that her audience is well-informed and excited about what she has to offer. To enhance her promotional efforts, Ms. Abney employs a variety of strategies when sharing event flyers on social media. This includes crafting compelling captions that resonate with her target audience, utilizing hashtags to increase visibility, and timing her posts for maximum engagement. By carefully curating her content, she creates a buzz around her events, encouraging her followers to participate and share the information within their own networks. In addition to static posts, Ms. Abney incorporates dynamic video content to f...

Me, Myself and Our Story: A Creative Writing Institute in Poetry,Short Story and Memoir Writing

  Me, Myself and Our Story: A Creative Writing Institute in Poetry,Short Story and Memoir Writing   Feb 10, 2024, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM EST 901 G St. NW, Washington, DC -Room 401-E Esther Productions Inc. is presenting a professional creative writing institute providing instruction in poetry, fiction and memoir writing. Course of study will provide six weeks of focus and instruction on each topic. That is six weeks of poetry, six weeks of fiction and six weeks of memoir writing.  The Institute is for young ladies 15-19 years old who have an interest in creative writing. The first session will be in poetry. Students should be prepared to attend all six sessions. Registration is required; seating is limited. So register now!  - www.estherproductionsinc.com/events-1/me-myself-and-our-story-a-creative-writing-institute-in-poetry-short-story-and-memoir-writing For more information: write to estherproductionsinc@gmail.com Please note these workshops are only for young ladies ...

Ideal Conversations

Ideal Conversations. Digital art created on canvas. August 3, 2024. Afrika Abney The vibrant yellow hues used in this artwork evoke feelings of warmth, happiness, and creativity. The monochromatic color scheme adds a sense of unity and harmony to the piece. The artist's choice of yellow as the dominant color in this painting is no coincidence. Yellow is often associated with feelings of joy, optimism, and enlightenment. This yellow painting with a yellow background is not just a piece of art, but a symbol of hope and happiness. The use of vibrant yellow hues and the monochromatic color scheme create a sense of unity and harmony. Committed to fostering community engagement through the arts, I excel in facilitating discussions around art, dance, and poetry. My work not only showcases creativity but also serves as a platform for meaningful conversations that enrich the cultural fabric of the community. An ideal conversation at work can be effective and meaningful, and can help you le...

Mr. David C. Miller presenter

  Esther Productions Inc., The Black Student Fund and Tenley-Friendship Library present a special edition of MIDNIGHTROSE: A Reading Series of Poetry and Prose on Feb. 8, 2025 from 11 am to 1pm for the entire family.  For further questions, please send them to midnightrosereadingseries@gmail.com . https://www.estherproductionsinc.com/events-1/special-black-history-month-midnightrose-a-reading-series-of-poetry-and-prose-focusing-on-childrens-literature "Baltimore native, David C. Miller, has received international acclaim for Dare to Be King: What If the Prince Lives . A Survival Workbook for African American Males, a thought-provoking, 52-week curriculum teaching adolescent males how to survive and thrive in toxic environments. Miller is a Ph.D. Candidate in the School of Social Work at Morgan State University with a primary concentration on Black Fatherhood. Miller has written several children’s books, including Chef Toussaint , Khalil’s Way , Brooklyn’s Finest: The Greene Fa...

Inequality

Inequality. Digital art created on canvas. August 2, 2024. Afrika Abney Red, brown and yellow represent inequality. The use of red in this piece serves as a powerful representation of passion and urgency, reflecting the emotional weight of inequality that affects countless individuals. In contrast, the warm tones of yellow evoke feelings of hope and optimism, suggesting that change is possible despite the challenges faced. The brown undertones ground the composition, symbolizing the historical context of inequality and the deep-rooted issues that continue to shape our society. "Inequality" is not just a painting; it is a call to action, urging viewers to reflect on their own perceptions of inequality and the role they play in addressing these issues. “Color inequality is a form of discrimination that involves treating someone differently because of their skin color, complexion, shade, or tone. It can also include treating someone unfavorably because of personal characteristic...

Music

Louis Armstrong once said, "Music is life itself. What would this world be without good music? No matter what kind it is." This quote deeply resonates with me as I reflect on my own journey with music. I firmly believe that Black culture and American music are intricately intertwined, with roots dating back to the arrival of enslaved Africans on American soil. The fusion of African rhythms and melodies with European influences has profoundly shaped the landscape of American music, influencing generations of artists and listeners alike. With a background in creating art inspired by music, I am dedicated to honoring the rich history of Black culture in shaping American music through my work. I have had the privilege of immersing myself in the talents of various musicians at Malcolm X Park until 2015 and collaborating with renowned organizations such as the Malcolm X Drummers and Dancers, Akoma Drummers, and Bele Bele Rhythm Collective. These experiences have not only honed my k...

Transparent Experiences

    Starting from the beginning means understanding that my journey is different from yours. Trying to obtain if I am joking, means that you really were not transparent when I met you. I was 2 years old in 1978 and enrolled at NationHouse. I participated in numerous activities when I was a student at NationHouse. At Bell, from 1991-1993, I was 14 -16. I have no clue who nominated me to participate in the completion that I participated in from 1992-1993. When I was a student, I was only attracted to boys. Boys who act like gentlemen. As an adult over the age of 30, I am only attracted to single straight male over the age of 30 who act like gentlemen. When I worked in various settings, I was only interested in the services that I provided, not dating. It is unethical for me to go on dates when employed. I have removed myself from those settings. Since 2018, I have not provided any educational, career day and free services. Better questions produce stronger answers.I have thrown ...

What's Happening?

Quote from the Internet What is happening in a world filled with judgement, prejudice, gossip, deception, and discrimination? Well, some of those things have been depicted in Ms. Afrika Abney's art. However, from June 3 to July 2, 2024, she discarded several abstract collages and paintings as she felt they did not represent her best work. Ms. Abney is actively looking for paid opportunities and has posted her resume on platforms like Indeed and Creatively. Ms. Abney aims to showcase her services to a diverse range of clients. She has worked with clients like New Harlem Gallery, Wisteria Artspace, and Emma Mae Gallery. She has also served notable individuals such as Rev. Dr. Sandra Butler-Truesdale, Gloria Quirarte, and Doc Powell. These services have ranged from art exhibitions, dance performances, event management, event promotions, and social media marketing. Additionally, Ms. Abney has collaborated with institutions like The Phillips Collection and The Corcoran Gallery of Art. M...

Past work experiences

Ms. Afrika Abney is a versatile and experienced professional within the arts and education industries, with a proven track record of designing, coordinating, and producing a wide array of creative events and workshops. With a background in hosting numerous poetry and literary events, as well as managing and conducting visual art workshops at various community centers and organizations, Ms. Abney has showcased her expertise in both event management and arts instruction. She has provided visual arts instruction to a diverse range of institutions, including Edlavitch Jewish Community Center of Washington, DC (2018), and Mundo Verde Public Charter Schools (2013 - 2014), among others. In addition to her visual arts expertise, Ms. Abney has also provided dance instruction at esteemed institutions such as Joy of Motion Dance Center (2013 - 2015) and M.O.M.I.E.S. TLC's Summer camp (2015), demonstrating her commitment to the art of dance. With a proven ability to lead and inspire individual...

The Romantic Consultant

  I do not believe in open relationships. I am a hopeless romantic, straightforward, talented, loyal, organized, gifted, strategist, researcher, and a consultant. I have not provided any dance  performance services since 2016. I do not remember Ms. Cindy Jackson from the Howard University's Upward Bound program from 1992. I was 15 at that time. I do remember Mr. Marvin Sinn  (1987) apprenticing under and Mr. Winston Kennedy from Howard University  (1987). I was 11 years old at that time and a student at NationHouse. My favorite restaurants have been closed for many years and my favorite food is not French nor Italian. I am an American and an adult. I have had the opportunity to provide numerous services. I do not conduct dating services. I have had the opportunity to work with many children until 2018. I have many favorite movies on tv. I am very selective. Only attracted to single straight male over the age of 30. Not interested in dating women, married men, senior ...