Skip to main content

Jazzed Affection

 


Jazzed Affection. Digital art created on canvas. December 27, 2024. Afrika Abney 



My playlist as it relates to music and love is instrumental jazz by way of Youtube. By listening to music using Youtube, I am able to pursue my desires and uphold my standards and values that I continue to envision in my hetrosexual single male over the age of 30 whom will propose to me because I am worthy of affection, time, attention and not concerned about my reputation, but rather how I am treated. 


Jazzed Affection highlights the connection between jazz music and the emotions of love and affection.


Popular posts from this blog

Canvas of Experiences

  Canvas of Experiences. Digital art created on canvas. October 26, 2024. Afrika Abney  I am a dedicated and passionate professional. In the 1990s up until 1996, I was a teenager. I chose brown ochre to represent the color of my skin. White and black to represent the racism and discrimination that I began to experience in the 1990s and continued beyond the 1990s. There is darkness within the experiences of racism and discrimination. However, the contrasting colors represent the persistence of overcoming the hardships of experiencing racism and discrimination. Selected 1992 - 1993 Experiences: Congressional Art Competition. 1992 - 1993 ART CURATOR. New Harlem Gallery, New York City. 1992 - 1993. Installed art for some of the exhibitions held at the New Harlem Gallery. Past 1995 - 1998 Workshops: KUUMBA ARTS AND CRAFTS PROGRAM. D.C. Department of Recreation (Emery Recreation Center, Parkview Recreation Center, Hamilton Recreation Center and Upshur Recreation Center) from 1997 - ...

MIDNIGHTROSE: A Reading Series of Poetry and Prose features Mr. Kenneth Carroll, Ms. Elizabeth Bruce and Ms.Sasa Aakil

  “MidnightRose serves as a vibrant platform that highlights the diverse voices of multigenerational and multicultural writers from the Washington Metropolitan Region and beyond. This initiative is brought to life by Esther Productions Inc., in collaboration with The Institute for African American Writing and The Black Student Fund. The series aims to celebrate the literary talents within the community, showcasing a variety of poetic and prose works that reflect the rich tapestry of experiences and perspectives that define the region. Attendees of MidnightRose can expect to engage with a dynamic array of award-winning poets and authors, each bringing their unique narratives and artistic expressions to the forefront. The event not only serves as a performance space but also as a gathering that fosters dialogue and connection among writers and audiences alike. By immersing oneself in the powerful words and stories shared during the series, participants are invited to explore themes o...

Creative Chronicles

  Creative Chronicles. Digital art created on canvas. October 26, 2024. Afrika Abney  At the time when digital art began in the 1980s, I was 4 - 13 and a student at NationHouse. I did not start creating digital art until 2009. With over a decade of experience in digital art, I have honed my skills in various techniques and styles. I specialize in creating captivating and visually stunning digital artworks that evoke emotion and tell a story. Upon waking up from my restful sleep and unaware of the discussions taking place, I began to implement my routine and examine my digital art.  Creative Chronicles using vibrant colors and varied brush techniques. 

Unique capabilities and dedication

Unique capabilities and dedication. Digital art created on canvas. August 4, 2024. Afrika Abney Unique Capabilities is an abstract painting that embodies creativity, individuality, and innovation. It exudes a sense of dedication, loyalty, and a drive for excellence. The bold and dynamic nature of the artwork reflects my commitment to pushing boundaries and finding innovative solutions to achieve success in every project undertaken. The vibrant colors, yellow and orange, and the abstract composition of the painting symbolizes my unique capabilities and dedication to my craft. Much like my approach to my work, the painting stands out with its eye-catching design and powerful symbolism. It serves as a visual representation of the artist's work ethic and values, showcasing a commitment to excellence and a passion for pushing the boundaries of creativity. Just as the painting "Unique capabilities and dedication" captures attention with its energetic composition, my work exce...

Implementation of innovative strategies

  In the upcoming months, specifically from the fall of 2024 through June 2025, I will be focusing on the development and implementation of innovative strategies to enhance the services I offer in the realm of art and consulting. This period will mark a significant transition in my professional approach, as I will no longer be providing complimentary or educational services. Instead, my emphasis will shift towards delivering high-quality, value-driven offerings that align with the evolving needs of my clientele. For those who are interested in engaging my services, whether they are prospective clients or previous clients, it is essential that all requests be submitted in writing. This formal approach will ensure that I can adequately assess and respond to each inquiry with the attention it deserves. By establishing this protocol, I aim to streamline communication and foster a more professional relationship with those seeking my expertise in art and consulting.

Unboxed Potential

  Unboxed Potential. Digital art created on canvas. November 28, 2024. Afrika Abney Fitting into society itself is discrimination. Automatically placing a label onto a person stating that they do not fit into society or into your little box. This is how many people lose people and how many people lose interest.  I was not born to fit into your little box of rules and standards. I was born to make a difference in people’s lives. I have achieved that mission numerous times since 1989. Because you believe that I do not fit into your little box does not become my problem, it becomes yours. You have missed out on the opportunity to know what creates me. 

Silent Expressions

  The act of conveying messages without the use of spoken words is a profound form of communication. This silent expression can manifest through various means, such as body language, facial expressions, and gestures. In many instances, the subtleties of silence can convey emotions, feelings, and thoughts more powerfully than verbal articulation. Silence is not merely the absence of sound but a rich tapestry of meaning that can enhance relationships and facilitate deeper connections. I have said many things in silence. However, I remain puzzled as to why so many single straight men over the age of 30 remain clueless.  Real genuine love is an emotional expression built of genuine feelings and affection. Not personal agendas and manipulation.  This post is inspired by the “Say it with Silence, “ by Hubert Laws, 1978 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppl-lDRVUzo). In 1978, I was 2 years old and drew attraction to many things. 

Green Essence

  “Green is a color that resonates deeply with themes of prosperity and accomplishment. It represents not only the physical aspects of growth and renewal but also the emotional and spiritual vitality that comes from achieving goals. The presence of this color can serve as an inspiring reminder of the fruitful results that often follow diligent work and unwavering dedication.” I have successfully cultivated a portfolio of artwork sales to prestigious clients, including Esther Productions, Inc., which has allowed me to forge robust relationships grounded in trust and the delivery of high-quality work. My overarching goal is to produce artwork that captivates and engages diverse audiences, while simultaneously fostering enduring connections within the art community. This commitment to excellence not only enhances my reputation but also contributes to a vibrant artistic dialogue. With a solid history of building a dedicated client base, I have consistently generated repeat business and...

ANNUAL ESSAY CONTEST DEADLINE NOW EXTENDED THROUGH NOVEMBER 5TH

The deadline for the annual essay has been extended to November 5th. So, if you know a young lady between the age of 13 and 18 and live in Washington, DC and they are interested in participating in the essay contest, please have them send their essays to estherproductionsinc@gmail.com. 4th Annual Essay Contest presented by Esther Productions, Inc in partnership with The Anacostia Coordinating Council and The Black Student Fund NOW EXTENDED THROUGH NOVEMBER 5TH! Discovering Me…Without You was launched in 2019 by the Fatherless Daughter Empowerment Project, a division of Esther Productions Inc. The essay contest is designed to educate the public about the importance of fathers in the lives and development of girls and women. Nationally, more than 24 million children are growing up in homes without their fathers. In the Washington Metropolitan region at least 60 percent of homes are single parent households, many of them headed by women. The contest is intended to provide a platform f...

In person flyering

     On August 27, 2024, I began distributing flyers in person for the upcoming event scheduled for September 14th at the Tenley-Friendship Library. This initiative aims to promote awareness and encourage attendance for a gathering that promises to be both enriching and engaging for the community. The event will take place on September 14, 2024, from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM EDT at the Tenley-Friendship Library, located at 4450 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20016, USA. MidnightRose is designed to highlight the diverse voices of multigenerational and multicultural writers from the Washington Metropolitan Region and beyond. Attendees will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in the creative expressions of award-winning poets and authors, fostering a sense of inspiration and empowerment through their words. For those seeking further information about this literary event, inquiries can be directed to midnightrosereadingseries@gmail.com. Additional details are also availabl...