Skip to main content

Background and Services








Since 2016, I have not provided any dance performance services. Additionally, I have not engaged in providing complimentary services for an extended period. My involvement in educational services came to an end in 2018, and I have since moved away from that aspect of my work entirely. It is crucial for me to maintain a high level of respect and accuracy in my professional endeavors, particularly as I have dedicated considerable time to branding, creating digital art, and delivering my services.


While my past experiences are no longer the primary focus of my career, it is essential to recognize the breadth of my background. My journey has been shaped by a variety of roles and responsibilities that have contributed to my overall diverse array of expertise. The skills and insights I have gained over the years continue to inform my work, even as I have transitioned away from certain services. This evolution reflects my commitment to growth and adaptation in a rapidly changing landscape.


The experiences I have accumulated throughout my career serve as a foundation for each encounter. Understanding this context is vital for anyone looking to engage with my work, as it highlights the importance of my past while emphasizing my current focus in the realm of branding, digital art and service provision.

Popular posts from this blog

The intersection of poetry and prose within the D.C. art scene

  “The intersection of poetry and prose within the D.C. art scene serves as a catalyst for cultural dialogue and social commentary. Writers often address pressing issues through their work, reflecting the complexities of urban life and the diverse experiences of the city's inhabitants. This literary engagement not only captivates audiences but also inspires action and awareness around various social topics. As the art scene continues to evolve, the integration of literary forms with other artistic expressions promises to further enrich the cultural landscape, making Washington, D.C. a significant hub for artistic innovation and collaboration.” Join Mr. Miller, Ms. Ayala and Mr. Gilmore at Tenley on September 14th. For those interested in learning more about this literary event, please feel free to reach out via email at midnightrosereadingseries@gmail.com. Additional details can also be found on the official website of Esther Productions, Inc. at the provided link - https://www.est...

Implementation of innovative strategies

  In the upcoming months, specifically from the fall of 2024 through June 2025, I will be focusing on the development and implementation of innovative strategies to enhance the services I offer in the realm of art and consulting. This period will mark a significant transition in my professional approach, as I will no longer be providing complimentary or educational services. Instead, my emphasis will shift towards delivering high-quality, value-driven offerings that align with the evolving needs of my clientele. For those who are interested in engaging my services, whether they are prospective clients or previous clients, it is essential that all requests be submitted in writing. This formal approach will ensure that I can adequately assess and respond to each inquiry with the attention it deserves. By establishing this protocol, I aim to streamline communication and foster a more professional relationship with those seeking my expertise in art and consulting.

Green Essence

  “Green is a color that resonates deeply with themes of prosperity and accomplishment. It represents not only the physical aspects of growth and renewal but also the emotional and spiritual vitality that comes from achieving goals. The presence of this color can serve as an inspiring reminder of the fruitful results that often follow diligent work and unwavering dedication.” I have successfully cultivated a portfolio of artwork sales to prestigious clients, including Esther Productions, Inc., which has allowed me to forge robust relationships grounded in trust and the delivery of high-quality work. My overarching goal is to produce artwork that captivates and engages diverse audiences, while simultaneously fostering enduring connections within the art community. This commitment to excellence not only enhances my reputation but also contributes to a vibrant artistic dialogue. With a solid history of building a dedicated client base, I have consistently generated repeat business and...

Unboxed Potential

  Unboxed Potential. Digital art created on canvas. November 28, 2024. Afrika Abney Fitting into society itself is discrimination. Automatically placing a label onto a person stating that they do not fit into society or into your little box. This is how many people lose people and how many people lose interest.  I was not born to fit into your little box of rules and standards. I was born to make a difference in people’s lives. I have achieved that mission numerous times since 1989. Because you believe that I do not fit into your little box does not become my problem, it becomes yours. You have missed out on the opportunity to know what creates me. 

Unique capabilities and dedication

Unique capabilities and dedication. Digital art created on canvas. August 4, 2024. Afrika Abney Unique Capabilities is an abstract painting that embodies creativity, individuality, and innovation. It exudes a sense of dedication, loyalty, and a drive for excellence. The bold and dynamic nature of the artwork reflects my commitment to pushing boundaries and finding innovative solutions to achieve success in every project undertaken. The vibrant colors, yellow and orange, and the abstract composition of the painting symbolizes my unique capabilities and dedication to my craft. Much like my approach to my work, the painting stands out with its eye-catching design and powerful symbolism. It serves as a visual representation of the artist's work ethic and values, showcasing a commitment to excellence and a passion for pushing the boundaries of creativity. Just as the painting "Unique capabilities and dedication" captures attention with its energetic composition, my work exce...

Moon Colorful Brushstrokes

  Moon Colorful Brushstrokes. Digital art created on canvas. September 21, 2024. Afrika Abney I was a dedicated student from 1978 to 1997. I graduated from college in 1997. Throughout my career, I have honed my skills and expertise in digital painting, creating unique and captivating pieces that have garnered attention and praise. My work has been featured in various exhibitions and art shows, showcasing my ability to captivate audiences with my creativity and vision. Proficient in digital painting software such as Paintapp (released on November 1985); FreshPaint (released on May 25, 2012); and Medibang (released on June 26, 2015) Strong eye for color theory and composition Ability to translate complex ideas into visually stunning abstract pieces Excellent attention to detail and precision in my work Abstract digital painting, abstract collages and abstract paintings on canvas and paper

Charcoal Expressions

  Charcoal Expressions. Digital art created on canvas. December 6, 2024. Afrika Abney  The Charcoal Expressions are etched through the colors used to express thought, feeling and experience. For instance, the “significance of holiday lights in red, black, and green encompasses a rich tapestry of cultural and historical meanings. Red is often associated with warmth, love, and celebration, symbolizing the joy and festivity that characterize the holiday season. It evokes feelings of passion and excitement. Black, while sometimes perceived as a color of mourning, can also signify elegance and sophistication. In the context of holiday lights, black often serves as a grounding element that contrasts with brighter colors, allowing them to stand out more vividly. Additionally, black can represent the night sky, under which many holiday celebrations take place, creating a sense of mystery and depth. This duality of meaning allows black to play a versatile role in holiday decorations, c...

Mary Evans, I am A Black Woman

    "I am a Black Woman  is a poem that highlights the unique struggles that African Americans have faced throughout history, specifically focusing on African American women, and how that shaped them today as strong and resilient people. With strong use of symbolism and allusions, Evans notes specific times throughout history that have played major roles in the suffering of African American women. The poem highlights how this history of suffering and pain have helped define the black woman today as strong, and this unwavering strength is what it means to be a black woman. " I Am a Black Woman by Mari Evans I am a black woman the music of my song some sweet arpeggio of tears is written in a minor key and I can be heard humming in the night Can be heard humming in the night I saw my mate leap screaming to the sea and I/with these hands/cupped the lifebreath from  my issue in the canebrake I lost Nat’s swinging body in a rain of tears and...

The job market in Washington, DC in 1992

    “In 1992, the job market in Washington, D.C. presented a complex landscape for African Americans, marked by both progress and persistent challenges. While the city's burgeoning government sector offered some opportunities, particularly in fields like social services and education, racial disparities remained deeply entrenched. African Americans often faced discriminatory hiring practices, limited access to higher-paying positions, and a concentration in lower-wage, service-oriented jobs. The legacy of segregation and systemic racism continued to impact employment prospects, leading to higher unemployment rates and a widening wealth gap compared to their white counterparts. However, the growing civil rights movement and increasing awareness of racial inequality fostered a climate of activism and advocacy, pushing for greater diversity and inclusion in the workplace. This period saw the rise of organizations and initiatives aimed at addressing these disparities, paving the w...

Importance of being honest

Quote found on the Internet “Honesty serves as a cornerstone of trust in any relationship, whether personal or professional. When individuals choose to be truthful, they foster an environment where open communication can thrive. This transparency not only strengthens bonds but also encourages others to reciprocate with their own honesty. In a world where deception can often lead to misunderstandings and conflict, embracing honesty can pave the way for deeper connections and a more harmonious existence. The act of being honest is not merely about refraining from lying; it encompasses a broader commitment to integrity and authenticity. When people express their true thoughts and feelings, they allow others to see them for who they genuinely are. This vulnerability can be daunting, yet it is essential for building meaningful relationships. Moreover, honesty cultivates a sense of accountability, as individuals become more aware of their actions and their impact on others, leading to perso...