Skip to main content

2022 Year In Review

 


                    Summer Blossoms. Acrylic on Canvas. 14 * 18. Afrika Abney 
​
Summer Blossoms, abstract finger painting created on canvas using colors that represent the Summer.
​
I recently had one of my abstract paintings featured on the cover of a book and the painting is entitled: Summer Blossoms. It is entitled: Kaleidoscope. For more information about the book, contact Esther Productions, Inc at estherproductionsinc@gmail.com. 


 In 2022, I have implemented over 30 new strategies. As a consultant, I would say that I have received numerous feedback on my effective strategies. Each strategy was uniquely different for each event that I provided and offered services. During the pandemic which began on March 9, 2020, I provided and offered all of my services online. I had to ensure that each service that I provided was effective and successful. This was challenging for me because I was used to providing services for in person events hosted by Esther Productions, Inc and BZB International.

I had to completely revamp all of my services online as a result of the restrictions and precautions revolved around the pandemic.

I provided services for the following events that were hosted by Esther Productions, Inc and BZB International. Among them include NRW 2022, Soaring Sisters Circle, Whatever Happened to Daddy's Little Girl? Unraveling the Mystery; Healing the Pain; Growing the Personal Power, Kaleidoscope, 4th Annual Essay Contest, Inside Job Writing Workshops, Discovering Me Summit and Awards Ceremony, and 30th Annual BZB Gift and Art Show. Additionally, I provided services for Father's Day Conversation with Jonetta Rose Barras and DayEight Writing Camp.

Therefore, I want to thank everyone who has offered some form of support and interest in my overall background and work as a consultant. And, thank you to everyone who supported, Esther Productions, Inc and BZB International.

If you would like to stay updated to see what's new, please feel free to contact me at afrikamabney@gmail.com.

Thank you very much. I hope that you have a safe day.

Happy Holidays

Cordially,

Ms. Afrika Abney

Consultant

Popular posts from this blog

MIDNIGHTROSE: A Reading Series of Poetry and Prose features Mr. Kenneth Carroll, Ms. Elizabeth Bruce and Ms.Sasa Aakil

  “MidnightRose serves as a vibrant platform that highlights the diverse voices of multigenerational and multicultural writers from the Washington Metropolitan Region and beyond. This initiative is brought to life by Esther Productions Inc., in collaboration with The Institute for African American Writing and The Black Student Fund. The series aims to celebrate the literary talents within the community, showcasing a variety of poetic and prose works that reflect the rich tapestry of experiences and perspectives that define the region. Attendees of MidnightRose can expect to engage with a dynamic array of award-winning poets and authors, each bringing their unique narratives and artistic expressions to the forefront. The event not only serves as a performance space but also as a gathering that fosters dialogue and connection among writers and audiences alike. By immersing oneself in the powerful words and stories shared during the series, participants are invited to explore themes o...

Canvas of Experiences

  Canvas of Experiences. Digital art created on canvas. October 26, 2024. Afrika Abney  I am a dedicated and passionate professional. In the 1990s up until 1996, I was a teenager. I chose brown ochre to represent the color of my skin. White and black to represent the racism and discrimination that I began to experience in the 1990s and continued beyond the 1990s. There is darkness within the experiences of racism and discrimination. However, the contrasting colors represent the persistence of overcoming the hardships of experiencing racism and discrimination. Selected 1992 - 1993 Experiences: Congressional Art Competition. 1992 - 1993 ART CURATOR. New Harlem Gallery, New York City. 1992 - 1993. Installed art for some of the exhibitions held at the New Harlem Gallery. Past 1995 - 1998 Workshops: KUUMBA ARTS AND CRAFTS PROGRAM. D.C. Department of Recreation (Emery Recreation Center, Parkview Recreation Center, Hamilton Recreation Center and Upshur Recreation Center) from 1997 - ...

Creative Chronicles

  Creative Chronicles. Digital art created on canvas. October 26, 2024. Afrika Abney  At the time when digital art began in the 1980s, I was 4 - 13 and a student at NationHouse. I did not start creating digital art until 2009. With over a decade of experience in digital art, I have honed my skills in various techniques and styles. I specialize in creating captivating and visually stunning digital artworks that evoke emotion and tell a story. Upon waking up from my restful sleep and unaware of the discussions taking place, I began to implement my routine and examine my digital art.  Creative Chronicles using vibrant colors and varied brush techniques. 

Silent Expressions

  The act of conveying messages without the use of spoken words is a profound form of communication. This silent expression can manifest through various means, such as body language, facial expressions, and gestures. In many instances, the subtleties of silence can convey emotions, feelings, and thoughts more powerfully than verbal articulation. Silence is not merely the absence of sound but a rich tapestry of meaning that can enhance relationships and facilitate deeper connections. I have said many things in silence. However, I remain puzzled as to why so many single straight men over the age of 30 remain clueless.  Real genuine love is an emotional expression built of genuine feelings and affection. Not personal agendas and manipulation.  This post is inspired by the “Say it with Silence, “ by Hubert Laws, 1978 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppl-lDRVUzo). In 1978, I was 2 years old and drew attraction to many things. 

Inequality

Inequality. Digital art created on canvas. August 2, 2024. Afrika Abney Red, brown and yellow represent inequality. The use of red in this piece serves as a powerful representation of passion and urgency, reflecting the emotional weight of inequality that affects countless individuals. In contrast, the warm tones of yellow evoke feelings of hope and optimism, suggesting that change is possible despite the challenges faced. The brown undertones ground the composition, symbolizing the historical context of inequality and the deep-rooted issues that continue to shape our society. "Inequality" is not just a painting; it is a call to action, urging viewers to reflect on their own perceptions of inequality and the role they play in addressing these issues. “Color inequality is a form of discrimination that involves treating someone differently because of their skin color, complexion, shade, or tone. It can also include treating someone unfavorably because of personal characteristic...

Unique capabilities and dedication

Unique capabilities and dedication. Digital art created on canvas. August 4, 2024. Afrika Abney Unique Capabilities is an abstract painting that embodies creativity, individuality, and innovation. It exudes a sense of dedication, loyalty, and a drive for excellence. The bold and dynamic nature of the artwork reflects my commitment to pushing boundaries and finding innovative solutions to achieve success in every project undertaken. The vibrant colors, yellow and orange, and the abstract composition of the painting symbolizes my unique capabilities and dedication to my craft. Much like my approach to my work, the painting stands out with its eye-catching design and powerful symbolism. It serves as a visual representation of the artist's work ethic and values, showcasing a commitment to excellence and a passion for pushing the boundaries of creativity. Just as the painting "Unique capabilities and dedication" captures attention with its energetic composition, my work exce...

The act of blogging

  Blogging has been a crucial part of my career journey since I started as a consultant at 15. I realized the importance of sharing my insights with a wider audience, leading me to start my own blog in 2017. The act of blogging has significantly enriched my professional life and through this platform, I have the opportunity to explore various subjects related to consulting, while also receiving feedback and engaging in dialogue with my readers. This interaction not only enhances my understanding of the topics I cover but also inspires me to continue evolving as a consultant and a writer, ensuring that my contributions remain relevant and impactful.

The intersection of poetry and prose within the D.C. art scene

  “The intersection of poetry and prose within the D.C. art scene serves as a catalyst for cultural dialogue and social commentary. Writers often address pressing issues through their work, reflecting the complexities of urban life and the diverse experiences of the city's inhabitants. This literary engagement not only captivates audiences but also inspires action and awareness around various social topics. As the art scene continues to evolve, the integration of literary forms with other artistic expressions promises to further enrich the cultural landscape, making Washington, D.C. a significant hub for artistic innovation and collaboration.” Join Mr. Miller, Ms. Ayala and Mr. Gilmore at Tenley on September 14th. For those interested in learning more about this literary event, please feel free to reach out via email at midnightrosereadingseries@gmail.com. Additional details can also be found on the official website of Esther Productions, Inc. at the provided link - https://www.est...

Background and Services

Since 2016, I have not provided any dance performance services. Additionally, I have not engaged in providing complimentary services for an extended period. My involvement in educational services came to an end in 2018, and I have since moved away from that aspect of my work entirely. It is crucial for me to maintain a high level of respect and accuracy in my professional endeavors, particularly as I have dedicated considerable time to branding, creating digital art, and delivering my services. While my past experiences are no longer the primary focus of my career, it is essential to recognize the breadth of my background. My journey has been shaped by a variety of roles and responsibilities that have contributed to my overall diverse array of expertise. The skills and insights I have gained over the years continue to inform my work, even as I have transitioned away from certain services. This evolution reflects my commitment to growth and adaptation in a rapidly changing landscape. ...

Mary Evans, I am A Black Woman

    "I am a Black Woman  is a poem that highlights the unique struggles that African Americans have faced throughout history, specifically focusing on African American women, and how that shaped them today as strong and resilient people. With strong use of symbolism and allusions, Evans notes specific times throughout history that have played major roles in the suffering of African American women. The poem highlights how this history of suffering and pain have helped define the black woman today as strong, and this unwavering strength is what it means to be a black woman. " I Am a Black Woman by Mari Evans I am a black woman the music of my song some sweet arpeggio of tears is written in a minor key and I can be heard humming in the night Can be heard humming in the night I saw my mate leap screaming to the sea and I/with these hands/cupped the lifebreath from  my issue in the canebrake I lost Nat’s swinging body in a rain of tears and...